Monday, December 09, 2013

Bridex 2013


I would like to share with you guys my first experienced of the 4th biggest event of Brunei International Defence Exhibition. Last Thursday, My boyfriend and I went to the Bridex to see the International Defence Exhibition. I already missed the other 3 exhibitions which was held in Brunei. So, I was super excited about the 4th International Defence hence before this I heard good things about the event.

The event started on 2nd until 6th of December 2013. The first 3 days was only opened for the VIP, while on the next 2 days which was on 5th and 6th December 2013 was opened for public. Basically, this event was held in two parts: the first one was at the Bridex Centre which the second one was at the Rimba Air force. We bought the tickets on the 30th of November at the Bridex office and chose the date on 5th December  for the exhibition. Not to forget, talking about the transportation, there was free shuttle bus provided at the certain locations such as at the UBD Sport Complex, Pantai Tungku and also ITB (if i'm not mistaken). 





So on the day itself 5th December, we decided to go early around 7.30 a.m. At first we stopped by at the 'Ambar Kasturi' restaurant to have our breakfast. We had Roti Kosong ( Indian food) and also Mamak fried noodles. Unfortunately, I did not have a chance to take pictures of the foods since I was so freaking hungry *typical me LOL*. 

Then we left the restaurant around 8.20 am,and arrived at the UBD Sport Complex about 9 a.m sharp. At first I was shocked since there was no more shuttle buses and quiet worried since we already late. I already saw two buses left the area. After seeing lots of people queued up with the label of Bridex then I was relieved. At that time, there was already a long queued more over it was a very hot sunny day. We did wait for the bus about more less of 45 minutes. I was quite worried also because we already missed the air show time at 9 a.m

When we arrived at 10 a.m
Of course, when we arrived there was lots of security screening check which kind of annoyed me. I believed it was more than 3 times for the security screening check, since I kept on going in and out of their exhibition halls. I was quite disappointing about the show because we already missed the first part of the air show. While the second air show would be at 10.30 a.m, so at the mean time we went to the exhibition halls at the East wing and West wing halls. So here is the only two good pictures that I captured inside exhibition halls, at that time there was tons of people squeezed in to take pictures:

I don't have any I idea what it is even though my boyfriend already explained to me but I still have no idea about it 



Then at the 11 a.m, there was another air show, so here are some of the pictures that I captured. The picture taken might not be very good since my lens is only 10mm to 30mm. *need to buy a greater lens* 




People watched the air show
Personally speaking, I did enjoyed the event but I am expecting more from them. However, at the second part of the event was at Rimba Airforce which we did skipped that event. We were extremely tired.


So have you ever went to any army defence event related?

No comments:

Post a Comment